Sunday, November 22, 2009

WINGER - KARMA (2009)


If you thought even for a second that I'd post this, you either haven't been here before or you're a fag. Either way, do us all a favor and kill yourself. You're only exempt if you wanted to hear this to laugh all the way through it.

In his own words: the man, the myth, the douchebag: Kip Winger

"Our band was known to musicians, and a lot of musicians showed up to see me play; watching, trying to figure out how I'm playing. We were like the 'hair band' [version of] Dream Theater. That is why it's the great irony that we ended up on that geeky guy's shirt on Beavis & Butthead, because Metallica couldn't play what we play. They couldn't do it; they literally, technically couldn't do it. And I'll fucking challenge those chumps to that any day of the week, but we could play their music with our hands tied behind our back. And so, I was a little t'd off about that, but in the end, none of that shit matters..." -Kip Winger-

He reminds me of that cover band, 40-year old guitar player who can't figure out why he's not famous. Being technically good is nice, but good songwriting goes a long way, Kippy.

No comments: